Friday 5 March 2010

In the Beginning

Hello everyone!

my name is nick and I've just decided to start this blog up. It is partly because I was interested to see just what a blog is and can be, and also because I often feel that I want to have my say about something. I comment on news stories and occasionally write to the papers or my MP, but there are often time when I just want to tell someone how I feel!

I did think, for a while, that this was a very selfish thing to do, but given the almost infinite amount of space on the internet, I don't think anyone will mind too much - I'm not stopping anyone important from having their say.

I suppose I should define where I'm coming from, my basic parameters that form the basis of my thinking. I am a practicing Christian (one day I'll crack it!), a father of teenagers (hence the need to have MY voice heard over the cacophony!), white, middle-aged and middle-class, left-of-centre politically. The textbook nobody that blogging seems to have been developed for!

That's probably enough for now, but I'm sure I will share other aspects of my life as time goes on. If you have read this, thank you and tell your friends - a new phenomena has arrived!!

nix

No comments:

Post a Comment